May 3, 2018
Dear Religious School Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to what promises to be an exciting year of Jewish learning and community at Congregation Beth El Religious School! Registration for the 2018-2019 school year is now open. Early registration runs through Friday, June 8 and we encourage you to take advantage of the discounted tuition.
Thanks to your feedback, we have some exciting new programs to offer! You’ll see the following changes for 2018-2019:
- Sunday morning Chug enrichment for K-3rd graders (9:00 – 9:40). Held before regular classes begin at 9:45, this optional offering builds upon the main curriculum through a dynamic, fun program. This program is a perfect option for anyone who has a fourth or fifth grader to drop off at 9:00 – only one drop off for your family
- Optional midweek Chug enrichment for K-2nd graders provides an extra day of Judaic enrichment on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoons
- Third grade classes, which have previously been held at Bradley Hills Elementary School on Sunday mornings, are expected to be held at Beth El
- We are adding extra flexibility in program options. Third through sixth graders have a choice of their second day during the week – Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Third through sixth graders can sign up for our special Thursday Chug enrichment class offered only for students whose main midweek assignment is either Tuesday or Wednesday
- The sixth grade program will now be held twice a week. Students will attend Saturday mornings and have a choice of Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoons
- New 11th & 12th grade Post-Confirmation Seminar – this exciting pilot program will meet 1-2 times a month, exploring the intersection between Jewish texts, our lives, and contemporary society
Religious School registration is conducted online. Please read the information sheet before filling out the online registration form. Don’t delay – timely submission of your child’s school registration is the best guarantee of placement in the session of your choice.
If you questions about our program or the registration process, please contact Tali Moscowitz (email@example.com or 301-652-8569 x309).
We look forward to another wonderful year of Jewish learning and experiences with you and your family!
Elisha Rothschild Frumkin, CJE
Have questions about BERS registration? Check out the Registration FAQ sheet.
Special Needs Learners
Congregation Beth El is a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community, and the Religious School strives to ensure that all students have the fullest opportunity to participate in educational activities. If you have any questions about inclusion opportunities or this questionnaire, please contact Lesli Gillman, Religious School Student Support Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Religious School office is able to help families organize carpools. Our enrollment database can be sorted by zip code, session, and grade. For assistance, please call Tali Moscowitz at 301-652-8569 ext. 309.
Religious School Restricted Funds
We invite parents/guardians to make a contribution to the funds listed below, allowing us to further enrich our program. There is a space on the registration form where you can indicate your support.
• The Elaine Tanenbaum Religious School Enrichment Fund enables the Religious School to take advantage of special opportunities that make the school experience more interesting, exciting, and engaging for our children. This fund has been used to pilot, sustain, and enhance such programs as the fourth-fifth grade retreat, sixth grade Brooklyn trip, conversational Hebrew instruction, family education, arts specialists, and various outside speakers who meet with our students.
• The Dr. Elaine L. Shalowitz Education Fund enables the Religious School to provide enhanced training opportunities for our teachers and administrators, as well as offer additional enrichment programs for our students.
Special Financial Arrangements
If you need to make special financial arrangements for dues and/or tuition, please contact our Executive Director, Sheila Bellack, at 301-652-2606 ext. 306, or email@example.com.