Purim at Beth El is a joyful celebration. Our Purim activities include our very popular kid’s spiel, “A Bit O’ Megillah,” and our annual “Megillah Madness” celebration — which was even once mentioned on an episode of the hit television show The West Wing.
2018/5778 Purim Schedule
Sunday, February 25
- 11:00–11:45 am: Bit O’ Megillah for preschoolers and parents. Talented storyteller Jennifer Rudick Zunikoff brings the Purim story to life for preschool families through this interactive, engaging retelling of the holiday.
- 11:45 am–2:30 pm: Annual Purim Carnival hosted by Beth El Men’s Club
- 6:00 pm: Purim party at Beth El with the Beth El Day School Committee and the Jewish Foundation for Group Homes.
Wednesday, February 28 – Be sure to come in costume.
- 7:30 pm: Megillah Madness presents A ROYAL WEDDING!
- 8:00 pm: Ma’ariv and the full Megillah reading
Thursday, March 1
- 7:30 am: Morning minyan includes a special Torah reading for the holiday plus reading of the Megillah.
Matanot L’evyonim (gifts for the needy): This is one of the most important mitzvot of Purim. Please bring canned or packaged food to Beth El, and it will be donated to a local food bank. Collection bins will be in the lobby on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning.
Past Purim Programs
Below are a selection of program guides from past Megillah Madness celebrations. Click on each link to open a PDF in a new window.
- 2011 – A Very Disney Purim
- 2010 – Shush-a-Lot
- 2009 – Rock, Soul, & Billy Joel
- 2007 – A Rock ‘N Roll Purim
- 2006 – Megillah on the Roof
- 2005 – Megillah Madness on Broadway
- 2004 – Disco Purim
- 2002 – Rock ‘N Roll Purim
- 2003– Rock ‘N Roll Purim