Purim at Beth El is a joyful celebration. Our Purim activities include our very popular Nitzanim Purim Spiel and our annual “Megillah Madness” celebration — which was even once mentioned on an episode of the hit television show The West Wing.
Sunday, March 8
- 11:45 am–2:00 pm: Annual Purim Carnival hosted by Beth El Men’s Club. Activities for kids from preschool through high school. We are in need of volunteers to help run the carnival in shifts from 9:30 am through 2:00 pm (adults and high school students, SSL credit is available). Please contact Josh Rosenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- 4:30 pm: Purim party at Beth El with the Beth El Day School Committee and the Jewish Foundation for Group Homes.
Monday, March 9 – Be sure to come in costume.
- 6:30 pm: Nitzanim Purim Spiel – Come in your costumes for a child friendly Purim story, costume parade, and hamentaschen.
- 7:30 pm: Megillah Madness presents “Rock Of Ages.”
- 8:00 pm: Ma’ariv and the full Megillah reading.
Tuesday, March 10
- 7:30 am: Morning minyan includes a special Torah reading for the holiday plus reading of the Megillah.
- Matanot L’evyonim (gifts for the needy): This is one of the most important mitzvot of Purim. Please bring canned or packaged food to Beth El, and it will be donated to a local food bank. Collection bins will be in the lobby on Monday evening and Tuesday morning.
Past Purim Programs
Below are a selection of program guides from past Megillah Madness celebrations. Click on each link to open a PDF in a new window.
- 2011 – A Very Disney Purim
- 2010 – Shush-a-Lot
- 2009 – Rock, Soul, & Billy Joel
- 2007 – A Rock ‘N Roll Purim
- 2006 – Megillah on the Roof
- 2005 – Megillah Madness on Broadway
- 2004 – Disco Purim
- 2002 – Rock ‘N Roll Purim
- 2003– Rock ‘N Roll Purim