Successes & Outcomes
Outcomes from April 10, 2016 Good Deeds Day
- Beth El members were among the 8,000 volunteer who participated in The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s Good Deeds Day on April 10, 206. Beth El held it largest Good Deeds Day ever!
- Beth El members donated 1,500 pounds of paper and cardboard to be shredded and recycled, and 700 pounds of electronics for reclying. Beth El’s Green Tikkun Committee sponsored these collections.
- Beth El Sisterhood collected 175 towels from congregants to be donated to Greentree Shelter.
- Beth El Sisterhood also sponsored a community cooking project that prepared 11 breakfast casseroles for Shepherd’s Table.
- 45 Beth El members donated much-needed blood through an INOVA Blood Drive sponsored by Jack Ventura and Jonathan Simon and twelve other congregants volunteered to help.
- 22 children from Beth El’s Youth Group Bonim made chew toys and “adopt me” cards for dogs and cats at the Montgomery Animal Shelter.
Outcomes from Beth El Mitzvah Day on October 29, 2015
Click here for the extraordinary results that over 600 Beth El members achieved on Mitzvah Day 2015!
Report Your Success
ToBE wants to know about your great work to build a better world! Click here to tell us about your project success. Use this form for synagogue-wide projects, small group efforts, b’nai mitzvah projects, and event family efforts in the community.