Beth El Religious School aims to inspire a thirst for lifelong Jewish learning. To achieve this ambitious goal, we craft educational experiences that foster:
- an understanding of God
- the ability to personalize the words of Torah
- a familiarity with tefillah (prayer)
We seek to enliven within our students a connection to the State of Israel. We emphasize the practice of gemilut hasadim (deeds of loving kindness) as the product of all our students have learned about God, Torah, tefillah, and Israel.
Students participate in retreats, social action programs, and elective classes such as cooking, art, and video production. And lively assemblies bring together the community for study sessions and music.
Links for Hebrew Workshop (Small Hebrew Reading Groups for Grades 3-6)
- Click here for our Master Hebrew Workshop sheet – there are tabs for:
- Tuesday and Wednesday schedule, including links for each Hebrew Workshop group’s Zoom meeting
- Master list for each grade, in case you need to identify your child’s Hebrew Workshop group leader
- Link to Forms and Important Links page, which contains resources and links to the entire set of prayer sheets for each grade (the same contents of what can be found in their Take Home Folder)
Resources for Learning at Home
- Link to Elisha Frumkin’s Facebook page – ongoing information will be posted here and on her page
- Virtual Content for Limmud (Learning) at Home – a spreadsheet of various websites with good Jewish content for kids.
- Click to Read Hebrew – free online resource for basic reading with letters and vowel combinations – great for 2nd and 3rd graders, or anyone who is a Hebrew newbie