Tikkun Leil Shavuot 5780
May 28, 2020, 7:15 pm
Join us for our annual night of study. The eve of Shavuot celebrates the receiving the Commandments at Mt Sinai. We will study late into the night, engage with others and celebrate despite current difficulties. We will be using the Zoom platform with breakout rooms for each session. Please note that Chromebooks cannot access breakout rooms. There will be a teen discussion for 7th – 12th graders led by Tali Moscowitz starting at 7:15 pm. Select only the classes you wish to attend. Don’t register for every class, select one class per start time.
Ma’ariv will be from 8:00-8:30 pm. Please use the form below to sign up.
- 7:15 pm – Rabbi Bill Rudolph – Zoom: Explaining Its Use and Rules that Apply
- 7:15 pm – Tali Moscowitz – Teen (7th – 12th grade) Discussion
- 8:00 pm – Ma’ariv
- 8:30 pm – Bill Dauster – Ezekiel’s Chariot – Haftarah for Shavuot
- 8:30 pm – Hazzan Abe Lubin – Liturgical, Poetic and Melodic Aspects of Shavuot
- 9:15 pm – David Farber – Margarine, Maarit Ayin, and Personal Responsibility
- 9:15 pm – Rabbi Mindy Portnoy – From Tragedy to Triumph: Genesis and Ruth in Our Own Time
- 10:00 pm – Gideon Amir – What Happened on the Threshing Floor? And Other Questions About Ruth
- 10:00 pm – Jonathan Band – What Can the Supreme Court Tell Us About the Authorship of the Torah?
- 10:45 pm – Donna Vogel – Counting Jews: The Perks and Perils
- 10:45 pm – Rabbi Fabian Werbin – The Hidden Waters of Shavuot
- 11:30 pm – Hazzan Asa Fradkin – Sefirat HaOmer: Kabbalistic Qualities of Holiness
- 11:30 pm – Rabbi Greg Harris – Hope in Brokenness: Tikkun During Covid
- 12:15 am – David Margulies – Authentic Masters or Quality Reproductions: Scroll vs Chumash
Having trouble viewing this form? Click here to open it in a new window.