Good Deeds Day
April 02, 2017, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Congregation Beth El
8215 Old Georgetown Rd
- Blood Drive: An INOVA mobile donation center will be available in the parking lot from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Contact Jack Ventura to schedule your appointment.
- Cooking for Shepherd’s Table: Join Sisterhood/Zhava from 9:30 am to noon in our community effort to provide food for the local homeless population. RSVP to email@example.com.
- New Towel/Washcloth Collection: Donate new towels and washcloths in the Beth El lobby from 9:00 am to noon for the Greentree Shelter, located in Bethesda at the National Center for Children and Women.
- Project H.O.P.E. Passover Food Bag Delivery: Volunteers to deliver Passover baskets in partnership with JSSA’s Holiday Giving Program to those in need in our local Jewish community. Bags need to be picked up and then delivered to recipients before noon. Contact Jack Ventura.
- Knit/Crochet Project: Sponsored by Zhava/Sisterhood craft group. Join us from 11:15 am to 1:00 pm to make knitted knockers for breast cancer patients
- Chametz Food Collection: As you clean out your pantries for Pesach, don’t forget our neighbors in need. Donations of chametz are welcomed and encouraged. Boxes will be in the Beth El lobby the week of March 27-April 2, and all donations will be given to Bethesda Cares. No matzah please!
- Electronics Collection: We accept computers and related items, keyboards and mice, CDs and DVDs, electronic photo frames, televisions, VCRs, printers, and toner and ink cartridges, scanners, fax and copy machines, digital cameras and memory cards, stereos, radios, and tape and CD players, telephones and cell phones, gaming consoles, large rechargeable batteries (as in Dustbusters), uninterruptible power supplies (personal & network), and tool batteries. Erase hard drives if important to you. We cannot accept microwave ovens, vacuum cleaners, or smoke detectors. If your items work and are current, please donate them to A Wider Circle or elsewhere.
Register online: shalomdc.org/BethElGoodDeedsDay
For more information, contact Geryl Baer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-652-2606, ext. 352.