Visit Beth El
Whether you are coming for a lecture, family program, Jewish holiday celebration, or worship service; whether you are visiting from near or far, welcome! We hope you enjoy your visit.
In the lobby, the video screen display on your right provides information about Beth El events, and will help you find where your event is located in our building. On the right, past the security desk, is our main office; come on in and say hello to our staff!
All of our religious services, including daily minyan and our lay-led services, and most of our programs are open to everyone.
If you come to the Shabbat morning service: Come in, introduce yourself to one of our friendly ushers when you arrive. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have as well as offer helpful tidbits regarding Jewish tradition and culture or Beth El practices. Don’t forget to stop by the new hospitality table during Shabbat kiddush to meet and talk to board members, clergy, and other congregants. If you are walking to Beth El for Shabbat, click here for a map of the Bethesda Chevy Chase Eruv.
- Daily Minyan – Morning: Monday – Thursday at 7:30 am (9:00 am during secular holidays); Sunday at 9:00 am
- Daily Minyan – Evening: Sunday – Thursday at 8:00 pm (8:20 pm when the Rabbi Samuel Scolnic Adult Institute is in session)
- Erev Shabbat Services: Friday at 6:30 pm
- Shabbat Morning Services: Saturday at 9:30 am
- Monday-Thursday: 9am – 5pm
- Friday: 9am – 3pm
- Sunday: 9am – 12pm when Religious School is in session
The office is closed on Jewish holidays and major Federal holidays.
Click here to view the full calendar of events.
Map and Directions
From Washington, DC
- Go north on Wisconsin Avenue
- Make a diagonal left onto Old Georgetown Road (MD-187 West) in downtown Bethesda at the intersection with East-West Highway
- Go approximately one mile
- Congregation Beth El is on your right at the light for Huntington Parkway
From the Beltway (495)
- From the Beltway (495), exit at Old Georgetown Road (exit 36)
- Follow the exit ramp south toward Bethesda
- Continue on Old Georgetown Road for 1 3/4 miles
- Congregation Beth El is on your left at the light for Huntington Parkway