Shabbat Morning Family and Youth Services
Check the Week Ahead or Calendar for the current schedule of services.
Nitzanim - Birth to Kindergarten
- 10:30-11:30 in the Multipurpose Room
- 2nd,4th,5th Shabbat of the month
- Nitzanim offers services and programs for children six years and younger. Services are held every second, fourth, and fifth Shabbat of the month in the Multi-Purpose Room at 10:30 am. The service is approximately one hour, followed by a kiddush of juice, challah, fruit, and cookies. The highly interactive service includes Shabbat songs, abridged prayers from the Nitzanim Siddur, the Torah Service complete with processional, and a story pertaining to a current holiday or the week’s parasha. New members and guests are always welcome.
Special programs include a Sukkot celebration, Chanukah Party, Tu B’Shevat Seder, Passover Sing-a-long, and Shabbat picnic dinner.
Gan Shabbat - Kindergarten to Second grade
- 10:30-11:30 in Meeting Rooms
- 1st and 3rd Shabbat of the month
Shitufim Minyan - Third and Fourth grades
- 10:30-11:30 in Tel Aviv Room
- 2nd & 4th Shabbat of the month
Junior Congregation - Fifth grade and up
- 10:00-11:15 in the Chapel
- Every Shabbat, school year only
- Led by Cheryl Kreiser
Teen Service - Post B'nai Mitzvah
- 10:00-12:00 in Multipurpose Room 3
- 1st Shabbat of the month, school year only
- This is a cool service without parents, conducted by and for post B'nai Mitzvah teens, with a great kiddush.
Please feel free to speak with the individual leaders or coordinators about any one of the services or contact Elisha Frumkin, 301-652-8573, ext. 319